5 Things I Learned as a Business Owner
A shiny new year has set upon us, and I couldn’t be more excited! The beginning a new year is a great time to reflect on the last year gone by, set new intentions for the year ahead, and dive into endless possibilities. Doesn’t that sound amazing?
I know 2016 was a rough year globally, but for me personally it wasn’t too shabby.
· Travelled to Phoenix for BASH conference
· Travelled to Cancun with my favourite group of friends
· Launched Strategic Charm Boutique
· Booked my first client
· Sunny beach days (alone and with friends)
· Took a road trip to Chicago
· Getting laid off from my corporate day job (pushed me to run the boutique full-time)
· Moved back home to Winnipeg
· Christmas shenanigans with family and friends
No matter how good or how bad last year was for you, you can’t deny that with each passing day, you discovered, you learned, and you grew. I mean that’s the point of getting older isn’t it?
I learned a lot in 2016, both about myself and about running a business.
· I don’t like deer meat…too chewy
· Baby pictures on social media are cute…but only in moderation
· I love Snapchat…but not for business
· There’s a fine line between my confidence and my conceitedness…sometimes I can’t see it
· I like the idea of kale…but I don’t like eating it…or drinking it
· I’m not about that small town life…but really, I already knew that one
· Being successful in an online business is about creating a community first before selling products and services
· You don’t need to have your entire business plan mapped out before you dive in
· Keeping your business and personal bank accounts completely separate is the key to your financial sanity
· Networking in person is just as important as networking online
· Scheduling your social media in advance is awesome…doing it on the fly is cray
I learned a lot last year, and I look forward to learning even more this year!
Over the last month or so, I’m sure you’ve seen a million social media posts from people either making new years goals and resolutions, or talking about how much they don’t believe in it. Well ya know what? I LOVE setting goals and resolutions, and I’d be more than happy to share them with you!
Plan of Attack for 2017
1. Surprise my mom with a trip
2. Book 3 clients a month (already got one down for January)
3. Exercise on a regular basis
4. Include more fruits and veggies into my diet
5. Keep my Ashley Shelly Planner and The Content Planner up to date
6. Read a new book every month
7. Take one weekend off a month
8. Plan a weekend retreat for local entrepreneurs
9. Attend a conference that isn’t local
10. Rebrand Strategic Charm Boutique
Now that you know my goals for the year, I’d love to hear some of yours! Maybe we can help each other? Comment below and tell me your plans for the year ahead!